Whats up Y’all?
I have finally posted the binaural track for people to listen to and post back. I would love to encourage people to listen and post a comment on it and if they felt any of the desired effects. Just a couple of considerations before we go right there.
Wikipedia Quote –
Binaural beats are of interest to neurophysiologists investigating the sense of hearing. Second (and more controversially), binaural beats reportedly influence the brain in more subtle ways through the entrainment of brainwaves and can be used to produce relaxation and other health benefits such as pain relief.
1. This song uses brain entrainment to stimulate brain waves. By panning the basic instruments the mind focuses on, it synchronizes the left and right side of the brain stimulating the right side then the left side through the auditory channels. Using reason Software, I have set a panning rate on this song of approximately 6 – 10 hertz. This measures the time that it takes for the sound to pan from left to right.
(I originally set the music to pan at 7.6 hertz (Schumann Resonance) as a random start. What better brainwaves to stimulate than the frequency that the earth gives off?)
2. I have never heard or seen anything that will gives us the idea that listening to this music will mess up your head. It is harmless.
3. The music must be listened to in headphones. For this to work, you must focus on the constant panning. This is why the beat starts out with a hihat. Its main function is for the listener to identify the left to right momentum of the panning. The strings and bass all follow the left to right pattern to help the brain trigger properly.
4. There are no words in this version. Although I have written and recorded verses for it, I would like people to take a chance and opportunity to listen to just the music and focus. When I have received some comments and feedback about the beat, I will add the vocal version to the tunepak for everyone to hear.
5. Tuning in this song has been interesting. While researching the binaural techniques, I also came across some information ( http://www.redicecreations.com/specialreports/2006/01jan/solfeggio.html ) that stated some “facts” about the frequency of 528 hertz. So I retuned my whole track around the frequency. The vibraphone sound you will hear in the very beginning with the hihat is a pure tone created on a tone generator which is 528 hertz. I have since discredited (in my own mind) this information, but that is a whole other topic.
6. In my own experience, I took a couple of times listening to it (3 or 4 tries) for it to have an effect. But with out revelaing to much information (I want responses to be subjective and uninfluenced by my own findings) I will say that I have listened to this music while hooked up to a biofeedback machine which measures brainwaves and had excellent results. So listen enjoy and tell me what you think!!!
Thanks, Your boy Dubgee
P.S. – For those of you who know Vancity talent, I got one Sara Kendall coming to sing the hook. So that will be off the hook. Word up Sara!!